When it comes to choosing the best 12V DC to 110V AC power inverter for car and truck, most people feel clueless. Isn’t it? And if you are also one of them, this guide is dedicated explicitly to you where we will explain; what is the best power inverter for car and pickup truck, are power inverters safe for cars, and how long will a 12V battery last with an inverter. So, let’s begin.
Do you travel a lot in your car? Are you a photographer or a business person with a hectic schedule? Do you have kids who use the car often and use gadgets to sit quietly for hours? If any of this matches your situation, you definitely need a portable power inverter for the car to give you maximum coverage of charging stuff required while driving on the road.
A car power inverter basically converts the car’s direct current (DC) to alternating current (AC), which in turn is used to charge and power up big electronic gadgets like laptop, camera, game console, Kindle, Christmas string lights, power tools, diffuser, rice cookers, electric stoves, and various other kinds of devices.
Even if you plan to drive your car into woods for camping, you can still use the best power inverter for car camping that will keep your gadgets charged during the entire trip into the woods where finding a charging point is not an easy task.
The DC current available in the cars are good enough for charging your smartphone’s battery or the music system for some time, but when you have to carry big and powerful gadgets along with you on the road, having a high-quality portable DC to AC power inverter for car would be of immense help.
In a Hurry? Here are our top choices and the best 12V DC to 110V AC power inverter for car:
Last update on 2022-12-04 / Affiliate links / Images from Amazon Product Advertising API
As there are varied car power inverter options available in the market, we present you the list of 13 best 12V DC to 110V AC power inverter for car and truck to keep your idea intact about the same. Read along to discover the best power inverter for car to charge the laptop, cameras, radios, power tools, and various other kinds of devices.
Why Do You Need a Power Inverter in Your Car or Truck?
Many people still don’t know what a car power inverter is used for! And whether they need one in their car or not is another question that often strikes their mind. A car power inverter is a portable device that is connected to the car’s battery to convert its DC current to AC current so that it can charge larger electronic appliances even inside the car during the drives.
Having a DC to AC power inverter for cars helps in so many ways. You can charge your phone, laptop, digital camera, and other significant devices while you are out on the road. Sometimes people need to use heavy electronic appliances inside a car, like a hairdryer or an electric kettle. That’s when the need for a powerful AC current is felt.
The best 12V DC to 110V AC power inverters for cars and trucks are powerful enough to charge your heavy gaming laptop and similar appliances. It is not too difficult to charge the battery as it gets charged by merely running the automobile motor, solar panels, or even by the wind.
Many times people go for long drives and fall short of charge in their electronic devices. It can be either during our long road trip or a basic daily routine drive in our car. Having a power car inverter in your car is helpful in many aspects. So, if you are confused as to why do you need a power inverter in your car, then you might have got your answer by now.
13 Best 12V DC to 110V AC Power Inverter for Car and Truck
Portable and high power inverters in your car or truck give you more freedom to use your electronic gadgets and devices while you are out on a journey. It is very beneficial for photographers, bloggers, YouTubers, people in business, and people who go for long drives often.
But as you choose the best gadget or device to accompany you on your trip, you must also choose the best car power inverter to keep it charged all throughout the journey. And to help you out with that, a comprehensive list of 13 best 12V DC to 110V AC power inverters for cars and trucks are mentioned here.
So, let’s check out these top-rated DC to AC power inverters for trucks and cars one by one, and choose the one that best suits your needs. Here we go:
BESTEK is America’s one of the leading car power inverter brands and so, you are entitled to receive the best service when you choose this inverter for your car’s battery. It is one of the best 12V DC to 110V AC power inverters for cars as it provides ample features to impress the car owners.
It provides 300 watts of continuous DC to AC power and 700 watts of instantaneous power with its two AC outlets and two USB ports. With two 110V Ac outlets available for charging, BESTEK 300W Power Inverter for car and pickup truck provides fast charging options for larger appliances.
BESTEK 300W Power Inverter DC 12V to 110V AC car inverter with 4.2A dual USB car adapter also has multi-protection features with 40 amps built-in fuse that provides protection to the device. It provides safe charging against short-circuiting, overheating, and other related issues.
Addition to these amazing features, the BESTEK Power Inverter 300W is equipped with a smart cooling fan system which makes this portable power inverter for car extremely silent when operating, and the cooling fan runs faster when it gets warmer, or the output power exceeds 70W.
Even, it has the capacity to power on your LED Strip Lights anywhere for Christmas decoration or any other festivals to create an enjoyable and festive atmosphere.
- It is lightweight and ultra-compact with almost the size of an iPhone.
- Quite affordable as it comes within a price cap of $25 to $30 approx.
- You get 18 months of warranty from the manufacturer with every purchase.
- It has a durable metal housing that protects from road bumps.
- It isn’t too powerful for heavyweight appliances like refrigerators, microwaves, etc.
- The built-in 40 amps fuse cannot be replaced easily.
This durable power inverter is one of the best power inverters for cars available for running low power AC electrical devices such as laptop, video camera, and even TVs in your vehicle. Ampeak power inverter provides 1000watt continuous power output which can surge up to 2000 watt, and it has high power conversion efficiency, which converts the 12V DC battery to 110V AC power.
It provides eightfold safety precautions which include protection from issues like under-voltage over-voltage, overload, short circuit, overheating, etc. With 2 AC outlets and one smart USB 2.1A port for multiple-device use at once, this premium car power inverter is packed with a strong cooling system (dual smart cooling fans) as well which helps you in getting your devices the proper working temperature.
The compatibility of this 12-volt power inverter for car is wide to safeguard your batteries during long travel associations. You can quickly charge laptops, smartphones, cameras, rice cookers, electric stoves, and many other such appliances while you use this power inverter with your car’s battery.
In short, Ampeak 1000W Power Inverter is one of the ideal solutions for Car, Truck, RV on road trips or wherever power outage is. So, if you are looking for a durable and best 12V DC to 110V AC power inverter with compatibility, then you should order it right now. Along with a high power inverter for car, you will also receive 2 O-ring terminal cables, one screwdriver, and one user manual.
- The package includes many other things apart from the inverter.
- It accelerates with a soft start which minimizes the start-up current shock.
- It has dual smart cooling fans with a working temperature that dissipates heat faster.
- It reduces power consumption when in standby mode.
- Not too affordable for the one looking for cheaper alternatives as the starting price is $70 approx which can go up to $160 depending upon the variant.
This top-rated power inverter by KRIËGER has 1100 watts continuous power and 2200 watts peak power which makes it the best brand power inverter for cars. You get an all-inclusive package with this power inverter that contains an ANL fuse kit, wired remote control, and a 3 feet battery cable.
No matter what accidental circumstances your car battery suffers, the KRIËGER 1100 Watt 12V Power Inverter is made in a way that it will provide full protection against any shock. It can handle overheating, short circuit, overload, and other such related issues deliberately. The LCD display present on the inverter shows you the output wattage, input voltage and the battery level as well.
Suppose you wanted a high-quality car power inverter for various small appliances like computers, refrigerators, microwaves, power tools and more. In that case Krieger 1100 watt Power Inverter is a perfect solution for you. It comes with a 3 years parts and labor warranty.
- It has been validated and tested by MATLAB for its overall performance and safety standards.
- You get part and labor warranty for three years.
- It can also charge a few heavy-duty electrical appliances inside your car.
- It has a high price range which maybe not too affordable for many. The starting price is approximately $80 for a 1100W Inverter, and it can surge up to $350 for a 4000-watt inverter.
If you are looking for a good and affordable power inverter for the car, then this DC 12V to 110V AC car inverter might impress you. With incredible qualities and an even more fantastic price cap, BMK 200W Car Power Inverter with switch and the current LCD screen is the best choice for your car’s battery.
It has a 2-in-1 car power converter, 2 AC outlets, 4 USB charging ports, and other such convenient features that are food for any car battery to run miles and keep aside worries of charging electronic appliances while driving. Built-in Silent cooling fan is another advantageous feature of this 12V DC to 110V AC power inverter for truck and car; it keeps the car power inverter silent when in use.
The design is safely built to protect the battery against shocks of any kind like overeating, shorts circuits, etc. It has a silent smart cooling fan that processes no sound while the inverter is on. It also has LED indicators which indicates its working mode.
Apart from 2 AC outlets and 4 USB ports, it has a SMART chip for recognizing the attached devices and providing the maximum output to 6.2A. Both the 110V AC outlets of BMK 200W Car Power Inverter are perfectly compatible with all kinds of electric kits, and it can be easily used for Christmas string lights, charging laptop, digital camera, diffuser, game console, Kindle, and many more devices.
- It has an intelligent LCD display screen that shows the voltage of the battery and the current of the USB ports when a device is plugged in.
- You get quality assurance and timely after-sales service if your product shows any kind of issues after purchasing.
- It comes at a very affordable rate of approximately $20 to $30, which is why a lot of car owners prefer it over other brands.
- Though the after-sales service is good, you do not get a product warranty with the package.
This is indeed an excellent 12V DC to 110V AC car power inverter that you can use for charging multiple devices in your car. POTEK 500W Power Inverter for car has 1000 watts of peak power with 2 USB ports and dual 110V AC outlets. It also has a built-in cooling fan that allows the inverter to cool down if overheating occurs alongside providing noise cancellation.
It has a digitally illuminated display that shows the input and output voltage which are indicated in red colors. It can charge 2-3 devices simultaneously, which is one of the precise reasons why most people prefer it over others.
While choosing a durable car power inverter, most of the car owner pays a considerable amount of attention on the portability of the 12v power inverter. And if you are also one of them, POTEK 500W Power Inverter is a perfect fit for you because it’s just about the size of 7.1 x 4.1 x 2.2 inches and it weighs only 1.1 pounds.
- It is very lightweight and ultra-portable, which is easy to carry, super space-saving, and also easy to store.
- When the inverter is plugged in the cigarette lighter, it can provide 150 watts continuous power. In contrast, when connected to the car battery directly, it can provide up to 500 watts of continuous power.
- Doesn’t come with a manufacturer warranty and the after-sales service is also not guaranteed.
- The price for a 500-watt inverter is approximately $40 while for a 750-watt inverter it is approximately $55, which is not a very affordable choice for many car owners.
As the ratings claim, BESTEK is considered America’s one of the top inverter brands for its reliability and extrusive features. BESTEK 400W Car Power Inverter is the best 12V DC to 110V AC power inverter for car and truck as it has the ability to provide continuous 400 watt DC to AC power and can provide up to 1000 watts of peak power.
This durable and heavy-duty power inverter has dual 110V outlets that provide enough power to charge big electrical appliances like TV, CD/DVD player, portable air conditioner and refrigerator, game machine, Christmas lights, fan breast pump, etc. It also has 5A/4 port USB charging ports to make the charging ideal for your smartphones, tablets, Kindles, Bluetooth speaker, and other USB powered devices.
If you want a small and reliable power inverter for car that comes with over-voltage, overload, over-current, under-voltage, overheating, and short circuit protection, then BESTEK 400W Power Inverter is one of the most appropriate options for you. Along with a 400W car power inverter, you will receive one car cigarette lighter plug, two alligator clips, and one user manual.
- It has cooling fans to protect your battery from overheating and also provide noise-cancelling.
- It has high safety standards that protect your car battery from overheating, short circuits, voltage overload issues, and other such shocks.
- It comes with a 2.3 ft. cigarette lighter plug along with 2 ft. battery clips that provide both direct and indirect connection to the car’s battery.
- According to many users, they faced some warranty issues with this product.
- The power output is low as compared to the number of output outlets it has!
Do you want to bring various convenient appliances and devices on your next road trip or just want to turn your car into a mobile office? If yes, then you need a heavy-duty power inverter like Cobra CPI890 Portable Power Inverter. It is the best power inverter for cars, RVs, boats, tractors, trucks to charge and power up the laptop, mobile, Bluetooth speaker, led light strips, and other heavyweight electrical appliances.
This high power inverter for car has two grounded AC outlets that meet the requirements of charging larger household appliances as well. It has powerful, convenient USB ports that shell out continuous power of 800 watts and up to 1600 watt peak power. This portable power inverter has a powerful connection source that directly connects to the car’s battery with the help of the direct battery cable.
You are guarded with ample safety measures as it protects you against heat shocks, short circuits, overloads, and other issues of these types. Automatic thermal shutdown and low battery alarm, these two are among the most helpful features of Cobra 800W Power Inverter that every car owner likes. And hopefully, you will like them too.
- It comes with the brand’s pentagon protection layer that provides 5 layered protection from inevitable failures like thermal shutdown, low voltage shutdown, reverse velocity, low voltage alarm, and over-voltage shutdown.
- It is lightweight and easy to carry, which is suitable for small cars as well.
- It is available with immense safety measures.
- Each unit has only one USB port.
- There is a 1-year warranty of the same, but it has to be requested from the manufacturer. It does not come with the package.
If you are searching for a decent 12V DC to 110V AC power inverter for a car, then you may like this small power inverter. Foval 150W Power Inverter comes with dual USB ports and AC outlets that help in charging 2-3 devices simultaneously. The best part about this premium 150w car power inverter is that it is very portable.
It comes in just about the size of a credit card (3.2 x 2.5 x 1.5 inches), which is easy to carry and store even if you have a small car. But the size does not decide its efficiency; it works equally as a heavy inverter does! It has an aluminum shell design, which makes it look attractive as well. The charging design is stable enough to detect your car’s battery from issues like overheating, overloading, short-circuiting, overcharging, etc.
If you want to add a small and portable power inverter to your travel emergency kit, then Foval 150W Car Power Inverter with 3.1A dual USB car charger is one of the most suitable options for you. It’s available at an affordable price, and you can use it for camping, outdoors, vacations, road trips, remote job sites, and even charging different household items.
- The durable metal housing cover provides an extra layer of protection to the inverter from bumps on the road.
- It has an integrated cooling fan, which lowers the temperature and provides noise cancellation as well.
- Quite affordable as it comes within a price range of approx $20.
- You get 18 months warranty and 100% customer service satisfaction.
- It is not very good for charging bigger appliances because of the 150-watt power supply.
If you are searching for a 1000 watt power inverter for car, then you can go with this one. With two 120 volt AC outlets and three 3.1 amp USB charging ports, the DEWALT DXAEPI1000 Power Inverter perfectly does the job of charging your appliances. You can easily change your laptop, camera, power tools, and various other heavy appliances using the power generated from this inverter.
It also features an LCD screen that shows the real-time operating information of the power consumption and also displays if there is any fault in the device. It comes with a universal-fit status, which means you can use it on any car model that you have.
The DEWALT 1000-watt Power Inverter is equipped with slim aluminum housing and integrated grommets, helping you easily mount and install it anywhere you want. This best brand power inverter for car provides a limited one-year manufacturer warranty as well.
- It has integrated grommets and slim aluminum housing that provides easy installation and mounting process.
- The package includes mounting hardware and battery connectors also.
- It is very portable but charges heavy electrical appliances easily.
- It nicely works for a more extended period as compared to other similar devices.
- 12V DC adapter is not included in the package.
- The warranty has to be requested; it does not come with the package.
As mentioned earlier, BESTEK is America’s no.1 inverter brand, and thus, there is nothing to worry about when you buy an inverter from this brand. This BESTEK 500 watt 12V DC to 110V AC power inverter has all the properties that a car owner needs in his or her car. This powerful inverter can be a 500-watt power inverter, but it has the ability to provide 1000 watt peak power with 2 AC outlets and 2 quick-charging USB ports.
If you are camping out or going somewhere where there is no place for charging, then this power inverter would prove to be a boon as it has the capacity to charge larger appliances like laptops, tablets, etc. The built-in fuse protects your battery from shocks of any kind and thus, guarantees all safety standards.
With the BESTEK 500W Power Inverter, you get full protection against overheating, under or over voltage charging, overload, and short-circuiting. The package contains a 500W power inverter, one cigarette lighter plug (27.5 inches), two alligator battery clamps (24 inches), two 40A Fuses, and one user manual.
- It has a cooling fan that also works as a noise-canceling agent.
- It has a car cigarette lighter to plug in and a pair of alligator battery clamps that help in easy charging of the battery.
- The package has two spare 40A fuses.
- Comes in 3 different colors – Red, Grey, and Blue.
- Provides an 18-months warranty and gives friendly customer support.
- The price is a bit expensive as it costs approx $40 to $45.
A dc to AC power inverter for cars is used to charge and power up electronic appliances while you are on the road. Thus, you have to be precise while buying one as a good brand would give you the best utility of the Inverter. The GoWISE Power 600W Pure Sine Wave Inverter 12V DC to 120V AC has all the qualities to be connected to your car’s battery and help you power up your devices while you are out camping or going on a long road trip.
This portable car power inverter comes with two AC outlets, one 5V USB port, and two clamp cables. It provides 600-watt continuous power while the surge power is 1200 watt. This battery is not only ideal for cars but also suitable for other purposes. The total harmonic distortion percentage is less than 3%, and it has a soft start technology that prevents any kind of shock in the beginning.
As compared to modified sine wave inverters, pure sine wave power inverters are the most preferred choice of every car owner. So if you want a reliable power source at an economical cost for powering up your sensitive devices like printers, laptops, or medical equipment, etc., then GoWISE Power Inverter is the best power inverter for your truck and car.
- It provides five layered protection – thermal protection, low voltage alarm protection, overload protection, over-voltage protection, and under-voltage protection.
- It has a temperature control cooling fan that also provides a noise cancellation feature.
- It has one 5V USB port and two clamp cables.
- Warranty is not provided with the package. You have to request it from the manufacturer.
This is an excellent 12V DC to 110V AC power inverter for car batteries that you can buy if you travel a lot and use different electronic gadgets often while you travel. BESTEK 300Watt Pure Sine Wave Power Inverter provides 300 watt of continuous power and 700 watts of peak power with its 2 AC outlets and 2 USB charging ports. The smart USB charging ports not only charge your car’s battery but also detect the device automatically to fasten the charging speed.
The built-in 40 amps fuse present in the inverted ensures ample safety for your car’s battery in cases of overheating, overloading, short circuit, etc. The power that it shells out can easily charge your phones, tablets, and other devices simultaneously. BESTEK provides you an inverter that has optimum safety standards, so you do not have to worry about it getting damaged anyhow.
BESTEK Pure Sine Wave Power Inverter is specifically designed for your devices that require careful protection, so do not use this car power inverter to power high-power electric devices such as hair dryers and curling irons, electric heaters, which might blow the fuse.
- It has a smart fan design and unique vents that make the 300 Watt power inverter easier to dissipate heat and cancel noise as well.
- It has a cigarette lighter plug, which is convenient to use and charge the battery.
- You get one user manual, 18 months of warranty, and quality customer service when you buy this Inverter.
- It’s not designed for high power electric devices such as hair dryers, curling irons, electric heaters, etc.
You can call this one the best power inverter for cars as it is handy and portable. It gives out 300-watt continuous power and 600-watt peak power. Giandel Pure Sine Wave Power Inverter has advanced insulated output and input safety technology that gives you protection against issues like overheating, overloading, short circuit, low voltage, over-voltage, etc.
It also has a smart charging function 2 USB charging ports that automatically detect the device to fasten up the charging speed. The power adapter is ideal for almost all electronic devices, and you can easily charge your mobile, laptop, tablets, and other similar devices. This portable power inverter for car is compatible with vehicles of all types like a car, truck, RV, etc.
If you want a stable and clean power supply with low interference and low noise for your inductive devices like laptop, smartphone, fan, CPAP, tablets, video game console like PS4, small air compressor, and electric piano, etc., then Giandel 300Watt Pure Sine Wave Power Inverter is one of the most affordable choices for you. The package comes with a 300W power inverter and a user manual only.
- The aluminum alloy housing makes sit strong and durable and protects the inverter from road bumps.
- It has a smart cooling fan that controls the temperature in overheating situations and also provides noise cancellation.
- The brand provides an 18-months warranty and good after-sales services.
- It comes in two very attractive colors – Red and Blue.
- Some complain the output is not sinusoidal, and it is a square wave with an inferior rise time, so they do not find it very convenient to use.
Best 12V DC to 110V AC Power Inverter for Car and Truck (FAQs):
Anything that people buy for the first time or get to know about, they tend to have several questions regarding it. The same is with buying power inverters for cars. While these 12V DC to 110V AC power inverters are very useful for cars, knowing each and everything about them is every car owners’ right.
Are power inverters safe for cars? How long will a 12V battery last with an inverter? What are the things to consider before buying a power inverter for car? These are some of the most frequently asked questions by the car and truck owners.
Thus, to clear such doubts, some most commonly asked questions related to car power inverters have been answered below. Read along to get a comprehensive idea. Here we go:
If you are wondering whether it is bad for car batteries to use a power inverter, then your worry is totally feasible. In fact, people must be concerned while using a DC to AC power inverter as exhausting its usage may harm the car power battery to an extended level. But if you use the power inverter safely, then you can trust its utility for a more extended time.
You must follow some rules while using the car power inverters like you must not use it when the temperature is high, do not use it for a longer period when the engine is not running, you must look out for suitable input voltage, and maintain other such conditions to prevent any harm.
Many people have this question – How long will a 12V battery last with an inverter? Well, it basically depends on the usage and the amp rating of the battery. If the amp rating is right, it can run smoothly for a minimum of 1 hour and 30 minutes to 2 hours.
Subsequently, if the amp rating is low, then it can give poor performance. The inverters also drain the battery if the vehicle is not in the running position. So, it would be best if you kept in mind that you should not use the car’s battery unless your car is in motion. So, the lasting of the battery depends entirely on how you use it.
This is a valid question asked by car owners – Does an inverter use power if nothing is plugged in? Well, yes! Inverters do draw power from the batteries of the car even if nothing is plugged in. This happens due to the efficiency of the inverter, which is almost 90-92% these days.
So, how to deal with this condition as the chances are that the inverter power will get drained mostly when the car is not used for days or weeks. You can simply turn off the power inverter when not in use, and that will surely help in saving power drainage of the battery.
You can be confused as to what is the largest power inverter that should be used for cars? Again, it merely depends on the usage of your car’s battery. If you want to charge heavy-duty electric appliances, you may need larger power inverters as that of 1000 watts or 2000 watts.
But if you need to charge small appliances like a camera, phone, or other small gadgets, then you can buy a 200 watt to 300-watt power inverter for your car’s battery without much hindrance. Always remember, you must know the capacity of your car’s battery before choosing the power inverter.
The efficiency of a car power inverter depends upon its usage and capability to perform. But sometimes, you need to see the features and performances of the inverters to be sure of the products.
If we are to pick the best 12V DC to 110V AC power inverters for cars and trucks, then choosing the Ampeak 2000W Power Inverter with 3 AC outlets and Krieger 1500 Watts Power Inverter (modified sine wave car inverter) with 2 AC outlets can prove to be beneficial for the truck owners because of their efficiency to perform.
As truck owners are mostly traveling long distances, they need to be handy with their charging appliances while on the road. And these power inverters are actually suitable for the purpose.
What is the Best 12V DC to 110V AC Power Inverter for Car and Truck?
A car power inverter is a device that turns the car’s direct current (DC) into alternating current (AC) to accommodate the power needs of heavy-duty electronic devices used in the car. So, with a power inverter fitted into your car, you can easily use electronic products such as an electric kettle, a toaster, a hairdryer, charge your laptop or camera, plug-in television, and several other such devices. The DC to AC power inverter for car batteries indeed works wonders for those who travel a lot in their cars or trucks.
There are various types of car power inverter available in the market. When the first time I explored the available power inverter for my car, I became quite confused about what to buy. So that time, I used various portable power inverter for my car. And after testing many high power and small inverters, I reviewed a lot of it, which I mentioned in the article above. Amongst those, these are a few most useful and my favorite portable power inverters for cars and trucks:
- Ampeak 1000W Car Power Inverter DC 12V to 110V AC
- KRIËGER 1100 Watt 12V Power Inverter Dual 110V AC Outlets
- DEWALT CPI1000 Power Inverter 1000W Car Converter
But these are absolutely my top picks for the best 12V DC to 110V AC power inverter for car and truck. It would be best if you well went through all the detailing of any car power inverter you buy, which will meet your requirements to the utmost.
If this comprehensive list of power inverters for trucks and cars helped you choose the best power inverter for car camping or the most portable car inverter for power tools, please feel free to share it with your friends on social media networks like Facebook and Twitter. Also, let us know via the comments; according to you, What is the best DC to AC power inverter for a car battery?
You may also be interested in checking out:
- 11 Best Portable Air Conditioners for Cars and Trucks
- 24 Fun Things to Do on a Long Car Ride by Yourself
- How Long Can You Leave a Car Without Starting It?
- How Long Does It Take to Charge an Electric Car and How Much Does It Cost?
- Traveling with Cats in a Car Long Distance (17 Essential Tips)