What is the best infant car seat and stroller combo? What is the best infant car seat that turns into a stroller in seconds? What is the safest car seat stroller combo? As a new parent, you might have plenty of such questions in your mind when it comes to choosing the best car seat stroller combo for your newborn. Isn’t it?
An infant car seat is one of the most essential things that fall in the category of vital newborn baby accessories that you look forward to buying or adding up to the list of baby-care things. Most of us will not even leave the hospital without getting a car seat for our newborn or infant.
Some parents opt for a convertible car seat, and the reason for this is that it will adapt to the growing child and is durable. But many parents prefer going for an infant car seat as it is easily portable and because of its ability to clip to the base of the stroller.
So, with numerous options available on the market and taking car seat safety as the priority, it is essential to choose the product which is appropriate in every way. We know this is a challenging job, but it equally is imperative. Doona Infant Car Seat and Stroller Combo is one such product that aims to fetch the newborn’s parents a safe, easy, and happy solution when it comes to moving in and out of the car with the baby.
Doona Infant Car Seat & Latch Base, without any question, is one of the best infant car seats that come with a stroller combination and enables you to move from car seat to stroller within no time. It is sleek and stylish at the same time and is available in many colors and with plenty of supportive accessories.
Last update on 2021-07-28 / Affiliate links / Images from Amazon Product Advertising API
Now without wasting too much time, let’s find out everything about the Doona car seat and stroller combo in detail so that you can decide whether to invest in this infant car seat that turns into a stroller in seconds or not.
Why You Need a Car Seat that Turns into a Stroller?
Traveling with the newborn can become quite hectic, especially if you don’t have all the requirements fulfilled, one of them being the car seat. There are several car seat types, but the infant car seat and stroller combo are mostly chosen, thanks to its specially designed structure, which allows the parents to make their baby comfortable during any car ride.
These seats have cushion padding with straps that will hold your newborn when you are driving the car. They are usually rear-faced, and hence, there is no fear of your baby leaning over in the front direction whenever you will press the brakes.
This particular seat design has recently been upgraded into an infant car seat that turns into a stroller in seconds. Such seats are very much flexible in terms of usability and allow the parents to transfer their babies to the car and then on the road easily with just a single click.
Even though you can have the best car seat and stroller combo separately, there are several problems with such sets. First of all, you look forward to buying an infant seat that is stroller compatible. Also, since the stroller is a different element, you need to make space for the same.
That is why the Doona Car Seat Stroller is an ideal pick for parents who usually travel with their babies in cars. Following are the benefits of using this combination that you and your baby can enjoy:
- The stroller wheels can easily fold and unfold with just a click.
- The latch base is perfect for fitting the baby seat on the car seats.
- With the high cushion padding of the Doona infant car seat, your baby will be comfortable.
- You do not need to wake your baby up while transferring them in the car and then again to the roads as it transforms from car seat to stroller in seconds.
Doona Infant Car Seat & Latch Base Specifications:
Introduced in 2015, Doona Infant Car Seat & Latch Base is one of the most impressive and safest car seat stroller combo. With a revolutionizing design, the car seat has snatched the limelight as soon as it was introduced in the market.
It is an infant car seat that turns into a stroller that helps you carry your baby both in and out of your car without waking him up from his peaceful slumber. Moreover, the car seat has all the necessary safety features that will protect your baby from any jerking or shocks while the car is in motion. The latch system will help you attach the infant baby seat to the car’s seat for a better grip.
Before knowing why doona infant car seat is the best stroller car seat combo for new parents, let’s check out the Doona infant car seat specifications:
- Unfolded car seat dimension: 23.6 X 17.3 X 26 inches
- Folded car seat dimension: 39 X 17.3 X 32.2 inches
- Car seat weight: 16.5 lbs
- Orientation in the car: Rear-facing infant car seat
- Group: 0+
- Infant weight suitability: 4 lbs to 35 lbs
- Infant height suitability: Up to 32 inches
- Latch base dimension: 9.6/ 15.7/ 20.9 inches
- Latch base weight: 10 lbs
- Latch base suitability: Compatible with the Doona car seat and stroller
Why Doona Infant Car Seat Stroller is the Best Choice?
Moving around with a baby is not that convenient as it appears. A majority of the infant seats for the cars are not lightweight and also require assembling and disassembling into the frames. But, the Doona infant car seat overweighs such troubles and offers a unique integrated travel system.
Are you curious to know why the Doona infant car seat is the best stroller car seat combo for new parents? Let’s check out all the amazing things about this worldwide popular infant car seat that turns into stroller in seconds. Here we go:
Doona is the only infant car seat that turns into a stroller, which accounts for its increasing popularity in the market. Doona makers have planned the design well to ensure that parents won’t have to face any difficulty while installing the convertible car seat stroller. A base comes with this product, which you can use at your convenience. However, even if you don’t use the base, there is no harm as the latch system will hold the infant seat in place.
Also, you can use its lap-shoulder belt to secure your baby while traveling in the car. It should be used in a rear-facing style, just like any other standard baby car seat. Make sure to latch the Doona infant car seat stroller properly so that the product doesn’t slip off the seat or cause turbulence during the car’s motion.
Luckily, Doona has included three different transition modes in this infant car seat and stroller combo. With the help of these transition systems, the usability of the car seat has increased further because of which you can easily travel with your baby to any place, be it a short trip to the mall or a vacation.
The three main transition modes present in the Doona infant car seat and stroller are:
- Car seat mode: Here, the wheels will be in a folded position, and the seat’s canopy will be compressed to make it look like an infant seat suitable for the car.
- Pull along seat mode: In this particular mode, you can use this car seat and stroller combo to pull your baby alongside you while being on a stroll. Since the handlebar rests right above the seat’s canopy, there is no need to work extra for pushing the cart in front of you.
- Stroller mode: Here, the wheels of the Doona infant car seat will unfold and extend in both directions to transform the design into a stroller. There are two rotation buttons on both sides of the handlebar with which you can move the stroller seat in different directions.
This is perhaps the safest car seat stroller combo you will get in the market, thanks to the fantastic features included in the design. First of all, you will get a water-resistant and non-slip seat protector, which you have to install before putting the seat in place with or without the base. There is a red button in the car seat that will release the wheels, thereby offering you massive flexibility with the cart.
This car seat that turns into a stroller comes in a compact shape, which will help you easily load it into the car and then again take it out for the road. The handlebar present in the vehicle will allow you to pull the car seat right by your side, giving you the independence of walking freely on the roads. However, since the seat lacks any storage space, you will have to carry a baby bag separately.
Innovative Design and Technical Fabrics
The Doona infant car seat and stroller combo have a sturdy framework made from high-grade aluminum and covered with a matte charcoal finish. This adds to the sleekness and charming beauty of the infant seat come stroller. The seat is covered with a bamboo charcoal fabric, which is fibrous in nature.
It has several properties like anti-bacterial features to prevent infections, a hypo-allergenic feature that prevents the formation of allergies and rashes in your baby’s skin, and a heat and humidity regulating feature, ensuring that the seat can absorb the sweat and regulate the heat for the ultimate comfort of the baby.
The canopy of the stroller and car seat combo is extendable. It is formed from water-repellent fabric, which also offers 50+ UPF sun protection such that your baby’s skin doesn’t suffer from being exposed to UV radiation when you are out for a walk. The headrest has energy-absorbing material that keeps the baby’s soft head safe from collisions, jerkings, and shocks.
Meets All the Safety Standards
As a parent, your primary concern is keeping your baby safe during strolls and drives. It is the instinct that prompts you to buy the safest car seat stroller combo, like the Doona. Reports have shown that the design and the finished product match all the US standards of safety and precautions specially designed for infant car seats, handheld carts, and strollers.
The car seat has three different fail-safe mechanisms that prevent accidental folding of the seat, fast and rapid extension of the seat during the pull-in mode, and the cart’s uncontrolled rotation. The handlebar in this best stroller car seat combo is positioned in such a way that it can prevent the rebounding of the seat while taking a walk along with your baby.
Good Age Range
One of the parents’ main concerns regarding the strollers and infant cars is the suitable age range. Most times, you won’t get a seat for babies that can fit correctly into the stroller in a varying age range. But, luckily, with this baby car seat that converts into a stroller, you won’t have to worry about the age limit.
The safety mechanisms and the unique design chassis of the cart will allow you to carry a newborn baby, a six-month-old baby, and even a one-year kid. The weight of the Doona infant car seat is around 16 lbs, which is why you can use this accessory till the overall weight remains approximately 32 to 35 lbs.
Usually, babies up to one and a half year to two years can fit into this infant car seat stroller with ease. But, once they cross this age threshold, you need to think of other types of car seats that can handle their weight.
A Wide Range of Accessories
When you want to have the best car seat and stroller combo, Doona is indeed the perfect choice; It’s not only because the car seat can be converted into a stroller with the folding and unfolding mechanism of the wheels but also because this product comes with a wide range of accessories which will make your outdoor time more memorable and comfortable.
- Doona Latch Car Seat Base: If you were searching for the answer to how to install an infant car seat properly, then Doona Latch Car Seat Base is the most suitable and reliable product to ensure correct and one-click installation every time. With some fantastic features like an installation indicator and height adjustment mechanism, the latch base keeps the baby safe by securing the car seat in place.
- Doona Padded Travel Bag: This particular travel bag has been excellently designed to provide maximum comfort to the parents and also enough rooms to load every baby product you might need quickly. The Doona Padded Travel Bag measures 17” x 11” x 7.5” when packed, but when you’re not using it, the bag folds compactly for easy storage.
- Doona Rain Cover: Since the canopy of the stroller only covers half of the seat, it can be a real problem to carry your baby outdoors during rain, be it light, drizzle, or medium-level showers. However, you won’t have to worry about your baby falling sick with the Doona Rain Cover. It is made of baby-safe materials and comes with various side ventilation holes to ensure that your baby is always comfortable, safe, and dry.
- Doona Sunshade Extension: This particular sunshade extension part can protect both your baby’s skin and eyes from the scorching heat and direct sunlight of the summer seasons. With the help of snap-on connectors, attaching and removing this sunshade extension on your Doona car seat and stroller is super easy and smooth. The best thing is, any kind of spills can be easily wiped off without much effort.
- Doona Insect Net: While using the Doona infant car seat that turns into a stroller, protecting your baby from bugs and insects is also a quite essential step. Right? The good news is, this see-through protective net with maximum ventilation helps you in exactly doing that. The Doona insect net is super easy to attach and remove, and it comes with a compact carry bag.
- Doona Wheel Covers: If you want to protect your vehicle upholstery from stains and soiling while using the Doona infant car seat stroller, these easy-to-wash plastic wheel covers are among the most suitable accessories for you.
- Doona Vehicle Seat Protector: Are you wondering how to protect your car seats from stains and stains when using the Doona car seat stroller? If yes, then this vehicle seat protector is the most appropriate solution for you. Simply place it under the stroller or the latch base, and drive tension-free.
- Doona Snap-On Storage: When you use the Doona car seat stroller outside the car, this specifically designed snap-on storage bag provides you additional storage space to keep your belongings safe and secure.
- Doona Essentials Bag: With a compact, light-weight, and elegant design, the Doona Essentials Bag fits perfectly on the front of your Doona infant car seat & latch base. The bag is equipped with two-sided bottle holders, top and side zippered openings, which allows you quick and easy access to all your essentials.
How much does a Doona infant car seat that turns into a stroller cost? To be very frank, the Doona infant car seat stroller combo cost is a bit on the heavy side, $500 to be exact. At first glance, this amount seems exaggerated and relatively high, which might compel you to have a second thought. But, before moving onto the next option, just think how much you have to spend to buy an infant car seat and the stroller separately?
A baby car seat perfect for infants comes at a price range of $100 to $200. Once you have the car seat, you need to focus on the strollers, which come around $200 to $800 depending on the brand, the stroller features, and other such factors.
So, adding up, you will have to beat around $1000 expense, which is double the price of the Doona infant car seat and stroller combo.
No Competitors in the Market
What is the car seat that turns into stroller? Well, this might sound a little weird to you, but the Doona car seat stroller doesn’t have any competitor in the market presently. This is the only product where the infant seat and the stroller chassis are integrated so that you can use it in both ways with the help wheels. No other company or brand has yet produced such a fantastic masterwork for parents.
With no competitors in the market, the Doona infant car seat & latch base is unique and will help you have the best times with your baby, both during the car motion and a walk around the park. So, if you want to have the safest travel arrangement for your kid, this is the best option you have in your hand.
You might also like to see: 18 Best Car Travel Accessories for Toddlers and Babies
How Safe is the Doona Car Seat Stroller?
When it comes to the baby’s car seat and stroller, every parent must go through the safety features to ensure whether the product is suitable for your baby or not. The Doona infant car seat stroller with latch base is known as the safest car seat stroller combo in the entire market. It has different safety mechanisms that help the parents carry their kids easily without worrying much about security.
Here, we have mentioned some of the significant safety features and benefits you will find in the Doona infant car seat & latch base for a better analysis.
The car seat’s handlebar can be positioned in a way where it can counteract the rebounding force in case of a collision or any form of hard impact. Also, with this feature, you can prevent the unintentional rotation of the seat.
The stroller cart is loaded with different fail-safe mechanisms to help your baby sleep comfortably without getting injured. These safety features will prevent the sudden folding of the seat, an improper extension of the handlebar, and the rotation of the extended handle in the stroller mode.
Strong and Sturdy Harness
In this convertible car seat stroller, there is a 5-point harness system that will allow you to secure your baby around the abdominal region. Even if the car encounters jerking, the harness will keep the baby safe from any injury.
Side Impact Safety
The head support of this stroller cart is made from special cushion padding and fabric, which will absorb the force of side impacts, thereby keeping your baby safe.
You might also like: 17 Best Memory Foam Car Seat Cushion for Short Drivers
How Long Can a Baby Stay in a Doona Car Seat?
Even though car seats are vital for carrying your child to different places in a car, there are some restrictions you need to follow. If you have the Doona car seat that turns into a stroller, you need to learn more about the 2-hour car seat rule.
According to this safety rule, parents must avoid keeping their babies tucked in the car seat for more than two hours at a stretch. In fact, the 2 hour car seat rule is also applicable to a baggy stroller. When babies are tucked in the seat, their movements are restricted. And even though a Doona car seat stroller has collision and impact-absorbing materials, your baby will feel some of the after-effects of rough driving, no matter how many precautions you are taking.
Sometimes, the car’s motion becomes too fast or irregular, which increases the chances of injury to your kid. This is why you need to follow the 2-hour rule to ensure that your child is comfortable and not feeling any pain or suffocation. After all, several surveys and medical studies have shown that infants and new babies always have difficulty taking in the oxygen within an enclosed space.
If you are traveling a long distance, which will take more than 2 hours to get finished, it’s suggestible to take your baby out of the car and take a short walk with the Doona car seat stroller. This will allow your baby to breathe properly and move his hands and feet without any restriction.
As for the usability of the infant car seat and stroller combo, you can use the product up to the age of one and a half to two years of your baby. Once the product’s overall weight and the baby reach 32lbs, you need to ditch this stroller come seat and look for a more suitable one.
Doona Infant Car Seat that Turns into a Stroller (FAQs):
After reading this Doona car seat stroller review guide, now you know exactly why you need a car seat that turns into a stroller and why doona infant car seat is the best stroller car seat combo for new parents. Right? But if you are still curious to know a few basic questions regarding the Doona Infant Car Seat & Latch Base then these most frequently asked questions will put your mind at ease. Here we go:
The Doona infant car seat and stroller combo weigh about 6.5 kilograms. This much weight of the product is because of the integrated solar chassis with the car seat. Also, since aluminum is used to manufacture the product, it is lighter compared to other infant car seats and strollers. Even though the car seat is lightweight, the same can’t be said when placing your baby in the seat.
Most parents have expressed their concern about the increased weight of the Doona car seat stroller once they place their babies inside. But seeing as the wheel folding and unfolding mechanisms can be operated using a power button, there is really no need to worry about the Doona car seat weight.
Since your baby’s safety is your primary concern, it is expected that you will enquire about the safety mechanisms of the Doona infant car seat & latch base. First of all, Doona has met all the US and European government requirements, especially for the infant carriers and seats.
It has also got the approval for being carried in flights. Apart from this, the infant car seat that turns into a stroller has different fail-safe mechanisms, preventing the untimely folding of the seat, excessive rotation of the handlebar during the stroller mode, and so on.
With this infant car seat and stroller combo, you won’t have to worry about the harness and impact absorbers as they are of top quality, which will keep your newborn safe.
You will be spending a minimum of $500 for this particular product, and hence you asking about the worth are expected. Well, for starters, it transforms from car seat to stroller in seconds, which is why many parents have found the Doona seat and stroller helpful in keeping their baby contented and safe during car rides or an outdoor stroll.
The wheels of the stroller base can be easily controlled with a button. The handlebar is positioned in a way where you can pull this stroller alongside and not at the front. In addition to these, the Doona car seat stroller also comes with different safety mechanisms and a high-quality fabric cover. So, yes, this product is definitely worth it.
The Doona car seat cum stroller comes with an additional car base, which you can fix in your car for regular to frequent use. All you need to do with the Doona car seat base is install it in your car and fix it permanently.
Once the base is fixed, you can easily latch the seat with the base in a single switch operation. If you don’t want to use the Doona infant car seat stroller with a latch base, there is no problem in trying this arrangement.
All you have to do is fix the infant car seat in the car cabin with the help of a seat belt. This will help you secure the stroller cum seat easily without worrying about the Doona car seat base compatibility.
No matter how strong the infant car seat is, it will last as long as the product’s overall weight and till the baby remains within the threshold limit. As for the Doona car seat stroller, the weight of the product itself is 16.5 lbs. So, when you put your baby in the seat, the overall weight will obviously increase.
This is why you can use this infant car seat and stroller combo till your baby becomes one and a half years to two years old. After the weight limit is crossed, you will have to stop using the Doona car seat cum stroller immediately.
Why I love the Doona Infant Car Seat and Stroller Combo?
The Doona Infant Car Seat & Latch Base is an exceptional product designed solely to help parents who want to travel with their newborn babies. Here are my personal view about this popular infant car seat that turns into a stroller in seconds:
- I didn’t have to spend extra money on a separate stroller or a base with this product as these structures are integrated into the Doona infant car seat.
- Several safety features have helped me to keep my baby safe. One thing that I love about this car seat stroller combo is how comfortable it appears, as my baby usually falls asleep once I put him in the seat.
- Also, since the transition modes are very swift, my baby never wakes up and starts crying while placing the seat into the car or taking it out and transforming it into the stroller.
All in all, the Doona car seat stroller with a latch base is the perfect travel seat accessory I can have in the market. So, if you wanted to know what is the safest car seat stroller combo or what is the best infant car seat and stroller combo, Doona infant car seat and latch base is the only suitable answer for you.
Last update on 2021-07-28 / Affiliate links / Images from Amazon Product Advertising API
You may also be interested in checking out:
- How to Get Dog Hair Out of Car Carpet and Seats
- 24 Fun Things to Do on a Long Car Ride by Yourself
- What is the Best Pickup Truck for a Woman to Drive?
- 13 Best Cat Carrier for Long Distance Car Travel
- 13 Most Accurate Tire Pressure Gauge: A Detailed Guide