Is there a car seat that turns into a stroller? What is the best car seat stroller combo for infants? What is the safest car seat and stroller combo? These are some of the most common questions that every parent asks, and most probably, you are here for the answer to these questions as well.
Becoming a parent comes with its own challenges. When a child is born, there are so many things which parents must add to their shopping list. Some of the common things are a crib, diapers, baby food, etc. However, one most important addition to the list of your baby essentials is a durable and best car seat stroller combo for the little one.
A car seat stroller combo (car seat and stroller combo or car seat that turns into a stroller) lets you take your baby along with you as you go out doing errands or just for a walk. The combination of the car seat, as well as the stroller, works best in such situations. Moreover, it’s best as the stroller can be used later, even when the toddler outgrows the seat.
Therefore, most parents prefer to buy convertible car seat stroller combos available in the market as it is always a better option.
Carrying the child wherever you go is definitely more tiresome than pushing them in a stroller. So, when buying a baby stroller and car seat combo, it’s really important to go for the best and safest one available in the market.
In a Hurry? Here are our top choices and best car seat stroller combo for infants on the market right now:
Last update on 2023-12-09 / Affiliate links / Images from Amazon Product Advertising API
As we all know, it is safer to install a car seat in the car and let the baby sit in it than letting the baby sit on your lap. The car seats are adequately tested in order to make sure the baby is protected and safe in it.
So whether you are taking your baby out on a drive or walking in the park, you must make sure you have the safest car seat stroller for your baby. It would be best to go for crash-tested baby car seats and strollers combo as it is a much safer option.
The convertible car seat strollers are not just for carrying the child around but also for holding their snacks, diapers, bottles, etc.
Should I Buy Travel System or Separate Car Seat and Stroller?
Are you also wondering; Should you buy a travel system or separate car seat and stroller? To answer this, you must first know about a travel system. A baby travel system combines a full-size stroller and a compatible car seat that is attached to the stroller whether you are on foot or driving with your toddler. These are sold as a set in a package.
These baby travel system strollers not only make traveling more comfortable, but such car seat and stroller combo are also a quite convenient choice as it saves a lot of money. And if you are wondering why you need a car seat that turns into a stroller, here is the answer.
Not only does it save money, but a convertible car seat stroller combo also prevents the hassle of waking up your baby if you need to get out of the car as you won’t have to disassemble the stroller and the car seat. However, before you buy an all-in-one travel system for your baby, you must also know what’s the best car seat stroller combo available on the market right now.
The baby travel system or stroller car seat combos come in different variations depending upon infants, toddlers, or pre-school kids. The car seat that turns into a stroller for infants has a weight capacity of 25 to 35 lbs, while later, you can upgrade to standard upright for toddlers and pre-school kids.
Therefore, you must do a lot of research before you purchase the best stroller car seat combo for your baby. After all, the most durable, safe, and best car seat and stroller combo you buy must fulfill all the requirements of your infants or toddler.
So, what is the best infant car seat and stroller combo that will last up for years?
To know this, you must consider all the essential things as per your requirement. The size and weight of your car seat stroller combo is necessary thing to keep in mind. Also, consider the frequency of use as well as the terrain you will mostly go to when you decide to buy a car seat and stroller combo.
14 Best Car Seat Stroller Combo on the Market Right Now
Once you have decided that you want to purchase a baby travel system that is a combination of a car seat and a stroller, you must check the various options available in the market to buy the best car seat stroller combo for infants and toddlers.
And to make the selection and buying process easier and faster for you, here we’ve hand-picked some of the safest, luxurious, convertible, top-rated, and best infant car seat stroller combo that will last up until five years.
So, without any further delay, let’s dive in and get the most durable and best-rated infant car seat stroller combo for your babies. Here we go:
Doona infant car seat and stroller combo is the most popular and best car seat that turns into a stroller within seconds. It is super-stylish and meets all necessary safety regulations for baby strollers, car seats as well as carriers. Hence, it is the safest car seat stroller combo you can go for.
Innovative design, easy installation, smooth transition, a wide range of accessories, reasonable price, and various mind-blowing features are the reasons why the Doona infant car seat stroller is the best choice for your baby.
In order to know more about this all-in-one baby travel system, let’s check out the excellent features, pros and cons, and specifications of the Doona car seat stroller combo (a complete and fully integrated travel system):
- It has the most effortless transitions, so when you are running around the town finishing your day’s errands, you won’t be bothered about the tricky dismantling and installation of the car seat from the stroller.
- The simple motion operation makes it easier to convert the car seat into a stroller. You just have to press in the front of the wheels and lift the latch to get the car seat ready.
- It has an adjustable handlebar, which can also be used as an anti-rebound bar.
- The weight capacity it carries starts from 4lbs to 35lbs.
- The 5-point harness system protects the toddler throughout the travel, thus ensuring the safety of your child.
- The single lever feature facilitates easy conversion of the car seat into the stroller.
- Its design is quite sleek and stylish.
- The material of the fabric is durable, safe, and breathable.
- This infant car seat stroller combo is tested with all safety regulations.
- You don’t require the car seat base for installing the infant seat.
- It offers three-layer side protection.
- It is a little on the heavier side and a bit costly.
This all-in-one travel system is one of the best infant car seat stroller combos if you are looking for a budget-friendly option. Safety 1st Smooth Ride Travel System can be easily operated by new parents, which is one of the many reasons why you should invest in it.
However, it comes with a few drawbacks. One major disadvantage is that the handle on the stroller is not adjustable, and also, it isn’t padded, so it hurts the hand of anyone holding it. But ignoring it, if you want to ensure the maximum safety of your little one, the Smooth Ride Travel System is unbeatable.
- The QuickClick technology helps in securing the car seat to the stroller with a latch while avoiding any disturbance for the toddler.
- The side impact protection protects the car seat along with extra padding for supporting the back and neck of the baby.
- Can accommodate a baby weighing between 4 and 35 lbs while adjusting to your toddler’s growth over time.
- The flip-flop breaks design is perfect while you go for a ride or just a stroll on the streets with your baby.
- The seat has a buckle that accommodates not just the length but even the position of the toddler, thereby facilitating longer drives.
- It comes with an oversized canopy with a small peek-a-boo window to let the air come on hot sunny days.
- This car seat stroller combo is an inexpensive option as compared to others.
- It has a parent-child tray with cup holders.
- Exceptionally lightweight and easy to fold.
- It comes with adjustable harness heights, thus providing a customizable fit.
- The design isn’t very appealing.
- The handle is not adjustable.
It is the best car seat stroller combo for infants in terms of price and functionality. When you get all high-end features at a moderate price, you mustn’t miss it. This multipurpose travel stroller comes with a modular frame offering six different modes for the baby to sit. You can use the infant car seat or a toddler variant, which can also be converted into a bassinet.
If you want a well-designed, crash-tested, and lightweight car seat stroller combo for your baby, then this feature-rich stroller with cruiser tires is quite suitable for you. All in all, the Evenflo pivot modular travel system ensures that your baby is comfortable and safe as well, thereby proving to be the best travel car seat stroller combo for newborns.
- The SafeMax infant car seat and safe zone base make sure the baby is well-protected in the stroller.
- It can take the weight of up to 35 pounds. The stay-in-car base lets you easily attach or detach the stroller to the car.
- The anti-rebound bar prevents any kind of motion during a collision and ensures the safety of your toddler.
- You have a huge storage basket underneath to keep all the items your baby will need during the trip.
- Due to its lightweight feature, it is easy to carry and lift whenever needed.
- The assembling is quite simple.
- The anti-rebound bar for safety.
- Good quality material used.
- One major disadvantage of this infant travel system is that its wheels are not as strong as those suitable for harsh terrains.
Chicco Bravo Trio Travel System is a good choice if you’re looking for an easily installable, lightweight, and reasonably-priced option. It includes the no 1-rated Chicco KeyFit 30 infant car seat that turns into a stroller and can accommodate infants from 4 to 30 lbs and up to 30inch; hence, it is quite popular among parents who search for versatility.
The removable seat also facilitates the easy transformation of the infant car seat into a full-fledged carrier for bigger toddlers. That’s how it offers you the best return on your investment.
The height-adjustable handle, parent tray with cup holders, and large storage basket makes the Bravo trio travel system from Chicco more beneficial for parents.
- It has a KeyFit 30 infant car seat and seat base that can be used for both toddlers and babies.
- The stroller comes with a one-hand fold, and it stands well when folded, which makes it super simple while traveling.
- Also, you have the whole space to keep your keys, phone, or wallet in the tray and the cup holders too.
- Suitable for babies weighing up to 30 pounds.
- It saves space in your home and saves money.
- Removable seat.
- Compact design and sturdy built quality.
- Material is not exceptionally durable.
A combination of three strollers and 10 riding options in one travel system, Graco Modes Travel System is another best car seat stroller combo for newborns. The brand is reliable and manufactures products keeping in mind the safety and the comfort of the child.
The most significant feature of this type of car seat and stroller travel system is that it comes with a three-in-one stroller option, which ranges from infant to toddler; Infant Car Seat Carrier, Toddler Stroller, and Infant Stroller.
If you want a durable and safest car seat stroller combo that can hold a child up to 50lbs for comfortable strolling, then the Graco modes travel system is the perfect stroller and car seat for your family.
- The SnugRide 35 Click Connect Infant Car Seat is perfect for rear-facing from 4-35 lbs and up to 32 inches.
- The Infant Car Seat is lightweight and reversible, letting your baby face any side you prefer. It can also recline to become an infant carriage and later be converted into a front-facing toddler seat.
- The stroller offers a lot of storage options, such as a parent’s tray and cup holders for you to keep various items you or your toddler would need.
- Compact and comfortable.
- Compatible with all types of car seats.
- 3 Strollers in 14 reclining positions.
- Easy to carry and fold.
- Canopy with Window.
- The price for the whole set is a bit high.
The Baby Trend Nexton Travel System is a favorable option for those parents who wish to opt for a lightweight, inexpensive car seat and stroller while ensuring good safety. Yes, this baby travel system offers a fantastic service without making a hole in your pocket.
The best part is, your toddler will enjoy a ride in this padded seat with multiple recline positions as the head support for the car seat and stroller is quite soft and comfortable. Hence, the Baby Trend infant car seat and stroller combo is the best cost-effective option you’ve got when compared with other products of the same range.
- The Flex Loc infant car seat works well in carrying the toddlers while ensuring their safety and comfort.
- The design is colourful and stylish too.
- It has a weight capacity of 5-30 pounds for infants, while the stroller holds toddlers up to 50 pounds.
- It has an expandable canopy.
- Comfortable and easy to use.
- It has a child’s tray and parent tray.
- Lightweight and best for the budget.
- Reclining isn’t that good.
Evenflo Pivot Xpand modular travel system with safemax infant car seat is an excellent choice if you wish to purchase a double travel system stroller for twins. The most prominent benefit of this stroller is the “Single to Double” feature, where you can easily convert it from single to double strollers without any special tools, extension, or hassle.
With up to 22 configurations, this popular baby stroller and car seat combo allow the infant and toddler to sit at various heights or positions like front-facing, upright, or reclined. So, the Evenflo pivot xpand double stroller ensures maximum comfort alongside utility.
- The unique slide and lock system helps in expanding the frame to effortlessly convert the stroller from single to double, so it’s a win-win for parents with two toddlers or even twins.
- It can hold a toddler of up to 55 lbs, which is a tremendous advantage for heavier babies.
- The modular design enables the infant car seat to directly fix the frame while the toddler seat transforms into infant mode.
- It has a self-standing fold attached to the toddler seat, which makes it really convenient to carry while traveling.
- Allows you to configure it in over 22 setups.
- Built-in seat adaptors.
- Quite affordable.
- Flippable seats.
- Comfortable for toddlers.
- The best double stroller with car seats for twins.
- Only weigh 42.6 Pounds.
- The toddler seat’s canopy is relatively small.
This stroller and car seat combo is perfect for infants and toddlers on the heavier side. One of the best in the market, the Britax B-Lively travel system with B-safe 35 infant car seat base and adapters is a perfect three-wheel travel system that is easy to fold and fits in any vehicle.
You can use the B-safe 35 infant car seat for babies from 4 to 35 pounds and height 32” or less. And the B-lively stroller can be used for babies from birth to 55 pounds. However, one of its drawbacks is the brakes, which need some lifting to disengage and stop the stroller. Except for this, Britax B-Lively stroller travel system has got a number of features to reckon with.
- The B-Safe car seat can accommodate an infant weighing from 4-35 lbs, and it has indicators, which lets the parents find the accurate position.
- The B-Lively stroller comes with a swivel front wheel and all-wheel suspension while making it easier to move around.
- For storage purposes, the stroller offers large storage space to keep your phone, wallet, keys, etc.
- Your baby will get enough sun protection from the vast canopy, which also has a peek-a-boo window for better ventilation.
- It has a weight capacity of up to 55 lbs.
- Super lightweight to carry.
- Quick one-hand fold makes it super convenient to use.
- Adjustable footrest.
- Fabric can’t be machine-washed.
- The handle of the stroller cannot be adjusted.
If you are looking for an easy-to-maneuver as well as lightweight stroller and car seat combo for your child, you wouldn’t be disappointed with the Maxi-Cosi Zelia 5-in-1 Modular Travel System. This lightweight, stylish, and multi-feature stroller is an excellent option for new parents due to its hassle-free functioning.
The Maxi Cosi Zelia travel system includes Mico 30 infant car seat, which is well known for its superior comfort and safety. Along with 5 different modes of use, this lightweight, easy to install, and best car seat stroller combo for infants comes with a stay-in-car adjustable base and a sleek stroller, which offer high portability.
- This adjustable stroller ensures a smooth and comfy ride for your baby with a seat that quickly transforms into a stroller in a matter of seconds.
- The Mico-Max 30 is super lightweight and can be easily installed in the back seat of your car.
- A baby weighing up to 50 lbs can sit in the stroller, while the car seat has a weight capacity of up to 30 pounds. Hence, making it the right choice for babies who are a little bulky.
- The fabrics used in this stroller car seat combo are made of without wool and fire retardant treatment which means it is machine washable and dryer safe.
- Sleek and stylish design.
- Carry heavier toddlers.
- Rear and front-facing carriage and seat.
- Adjustable stroller to your preferred height.
- Self-wicking fabrics allow the baby to stay dry.
- The wheels are a little flimsy.
Baby Jogger City Mini GT2 Travel System is quite reasonable for its price and the features it provides. As a parent, you can seamlessly operate it whenever or wherever needed, without any difficulty. And a significant advantage of purchasing it is that it suits all types of terrains.
The City GO2 Infant car seat can hold a weight of upto 35 lbs, whereas a City Mini GT2 stroller has a weight capacity of up to 50 lbs. Therefore, the weight capacity of both the stroller and the car seat is quite good.
The spectacular design, forever-air rubber tires, all-wheel suspension, adjustable handlebar, and hand-operated parking brake make the Baby Jogger City Mini GT2 Travel System a powerful and safe all-terrain car seat and stroller combo that is comfortable for strolling on any terrain.
- It’s very convenient to use as it comes with an adjustable handlebar and a parking brake, which lets you control it efficiently.
- The durable air rubber tires and all-wheel suspension makes the stroller suitable for even rugged terrains.
- With the adjustable calf and the flat seat recline, you can ensure your baby’s safety and comfort.
- Besides, a 5-point harness system makes it an apt choice at this budget.
- One-hand compact fold.
- It is meant for uneven terrains.
- Easily reclinable.
- A huge and breathable canopy with a peek-a-boo window.
- Huge basket for storage with rear and front access.
- Lightweight 3-wheel stroller.
- It won’t fit in smaller car boots.
- No rain protection.
If you’re wondering what is the best car seat and stroller combo for joggers, you must definitely consider purchasing Graco FastAction Fold Jogger Travel System. While you are busy burning some calories with jogging, you can take your toddler along with you in this travel system.
The combination of FastAction fold jogging stroller and SnugRide 35 infant car seat make this baby travel system an ultimate stroller for parents who love having an active lifestyle and want to jog or run with their child in the fresh air.
This all-terrain jogger stroller can be used for infants from 4 to 35 pounds and up to 32″. Though, the Graco FastAction Fold Jogger stroller is a suitable for parents who are always on the go; it’s a little bulky to manage.
- It offers a quick and compact one-fold system, which makes it easy to operate.
- The SnugRide 35 Infant Car Seat is super comfortable, padded, and multi-position reclining, which can hold a baby weighing upto 35 lbs.
- You can easily transition from daily strolling to jogging with the swivel wheels in the front.
- The front and back wheels of the stroller have reflectors that work well for a night stroll.
- The car seat allows you to convert the 5-point harness into a 3-point harness system once your baby grows bigger.
- Suitable for all types of terrains.
- Massive storage with cup holders.
- One-hand quick fold.
- Budget-friendly option.
- Converts into a stroller in a single step.
- A tricky two-brake system.
- Bulky to lift and carry.
If you are looking for an affordable infant car seat and stroller combo that provides comfort and safety for your baby and convenience for you, then Baby Trend EZ Ride 35 stroller is one of the least expensive travel systems available in the market. Its one-hand fold mechanism is quite beneficial for new parents who have less experience in handling a stroller.
This inexpensive and lightweight car seat stroller combo is designed for infants or toddlers up to 50 pounds and up to 42″, which is really commendable.
However, EZ Ride 35 Travel System by Baby Trend has a few drawbacks, too, including less storage space and tricky maneuvering. But if your baby’s age is below one year and you don’t want to invest an arm on the first travel system only, it’s your best trait.
- The car seat has a Flex-Loc technology with a Latch system, which allows quick installation of the seat in the car, especially if you are in a hurry.
- If your baby is on the heavier side, this car seat and stroller combo is perfect as it can hold toddlers weighing up to 50 pounds.
- The vast canopy with a peek-a-boo window lets you keep an eye on your baby while you move the stroller.
- You can adjust the height of the handle of the stroller according to your comfort.
- The stroller offers multiple-reclining options, which allows your baby to sit upright or in a laid-back position for a nap while strolling.
- Easy to assemble.
- 5-point harness system.
- Latest Flex-Loc technology.
- Affordable option.
- Easy and quick to fold.
- Tricky maneuvering.
- Car seat only rear-facing.
This colorful Disney-themed travel system is a convenient and lightweight car seat stroller combo for infants and toddlers. Built with the new QuickClick technology, it offers a seamless transformation of the car seat into a stroller. This convertible car seat and stroller can hold children up to 50 pounds.
The rear-facing infant car seat has a stylish design with side-impact protection for the kids. And the best thing is, Disney Amble Quad Travel System is compatible with all models of vehicles. This stroller car seat combo also has a large storage basket and a convenient parent tray with 2 cup holders and a storage area which is quite ideal for things like cell phones, keys or other items.
- With one simple click, you can easily attach the infant seat to the stroller.
- The quilted canopy has a small peek-a-boo window for proper ventilation during hot sunny days.
- Toddlers weighing up to 50 pounds can sit in the stroller, whereas the car seat has a weight capacity of up to 22 pounds.
- You can keep the baby items in the huge storage basket underneath the stroller. Also, it has 2 cup holders and a parent’s tray.
- 5-point harness system.
- One-hand folding.
- Lightweight stroller.
- Adjustable base.
- Good infant head support.
- Car seat adjustable only from the back
A user-friendly option for parents who wouldn’t want to quit their jogging routine, the Baby Trend Expedition Jogger Travel System (a combination of 3-wheel jogger and EZ Flex-Loc infant car seat with lock in car base) is definitely recommended.
One of the top-rated and best car seat stroller combo for infants and toddlers, it won’t disappoint parents who are also looking for a budget-friendly travel system for their babies.
The EZ-Flec Lock infant car seat can be used for babies with weights 4-30 pounds and heights up to 30 inches tall. However, one must keep in mind that jogger travel systems are not safe for babies less than six months old.
The large bicycle tires roll effortlessly over all surfaces which makes the Baby Trend Expedition Travel System an all-terrain stroller for infants and toddlers.
- With a 5-point harness system and a lightweight frame along with a multi-position reclining seat, this car seat and stroller combo ensure a comfy ride for your toddler.
- The Flex Lock car seat has a weight capacity of up to 30 pounds, while the stroller can accommodate a baby weighing up to 50 pounds. It is also equipped with a latch facilitating easy installation.
- You need not worry about traveling in harsh terrains as the stroller has swivel wheels allowing easy maneuverability.
- An adjustable canopy with a small window to let the air in will keep your toddler comfortable on hot summer days.
- Multi-position reclining seat.
- Easy and quick to fold.
- Assembling is easy.
- It is available at an affordable price.
- Reflectors on the footrest.
- Multi-terrain rubber tires.
- Bulky to carry.
- Front-wheel is wobbly.
You might also like: 18 Best Car Travel Accessories for Toddlers and Babies
What Should I Look for in a Stroller Car Seat Combo?
Purchasing the most durable and best stroller car seat combo can be quite confusing and tiresome, especially if you are a new parent to the whole concept of buying a travel system for your little bundle of joy as there are many factors parents must consider while choosing the perfect car seat and stroller combo for their baby.
After going through this comprehensive list of the 14 best car seat stroller combo of 2023, you must know all the essential things to consider when buying a car seat stroller combo for infants.
So, if you are wondering what to look for when buying a car seat stroller combo and how much should you spend on a car seat stroller combo, take a look at these important considerations:
Weight of the Travel System
One of the most important things to consider while purchasing a lightweight, safe, and best car seat and stroller combo is its total weight.
The weight of the infant car seat stroller combo shouldn’t be too much when combined with the baby’s weight; it can get a lot to handle.
And, it would get more complicated when your partner is not around. So, be careful while you check the combined weight of the car seat and the stroller.
The Period You Want to Use It For
Another critical thing to keep in mind is the time duration you want to use the car seat stroller combo.
When looking at various options in the market, you can decide whether you wish to use the same stroller and car seat combo for future kids.
It will not only save money in the long run but also save a lot of time. You can choose a model which you can add on to, like an additional seat.
If You are a Jogger or Just a Walker
If you prefer to burn a bit of calories while taking your toddler out on a stroll, you must consider buying the jogger travel system (jogging stroller with car seat), which has air-filled tires specially made for these.
However, if you only like to walk, you can opt for the regular ones that are apt for smooth terrain, unlike jogger strollers, which can move on harsh terrain.
The Accessories the Strollers and Car Seat Combos Offer
While you are looking out for a budget-friendly car seat stroller combo in the market, make sure you check the accessories that come with it.
The canopy must be breathable enough, and make sure it has a small window to let the air and sunlight in.
Besides, the storage basket is another very important accessory in a stroller as it lets you store your toddler’s items while you are on the stroll.
How Easy It is to Use
It’s essential to check whether the stroller combo offers hassle-free and straightforward handling or not.
Also, check if it has a one-hand fold. There are many options, which offer one-hand fold but are still not so easy to handle.
What is the Best Car Seat Stroller Combo for Infants?
Since we have looked upon the top-rated and best car seat stroller combo available on the market right now and all the crucial factors which must be kept in mind while buying them, I would like to suggest a few outstanding car seat and stroller combos for your toddler:
- Doona Infant Car Seat & Latch Base – Car seat that turns into stroller
- Pivot Xpand Modular Travel System – Best for twins
- Maxi-Cosi Zelia 5-in-1 Modular Travel System – Best overall
All of these car seat stroller combos are meant to provide maximum safety and security along with comfort to your child. However, you must always prioritize your requirements and budget first and then pick the best-suited one.
For further queries regarding the best travel car seat stroller combo or infant car seat that turns into a stroller within seconds, please feel free to drop a comment in the below box. And, let us know which convertible car seat and stroller combo you picked for your little one.
You may also be interested in checking out:
- Doona Infant Car Seat: A Car Seat that Turns into a Stroller
- 13 Best Cat Carrier for Long Distance Car Travel in 2023
- 17 Best Memory Foam Car Seat Cushion for Short Drivers
- How to Get Dog Hair Out of Car Carpet and Seats
- 17 Best Dog Car Seat Covers and Car Seat Protector for Dogs